It's the usual time of the year when rumours start to spread. This time someone sent us a photo of what appears to be a list of companies showing off their new games at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo. According to the list, Take-Two Interactive will show off their newest addition to the GTA franchise: Grand Theft Auto V: Vice!
But please, before you start your victory dance, I'd like to point out some things which might prove that this is in fact fake:
* GTA games are always shown under the name of 'Rockstar Games' not Take-Two.
* It's an image file, why not the usual PDF or word document? PDF released now. But has been taken down from google docs, Rockstar pulling some strings?
* Why announce such a big game on E3, with the chance of being pushed out of the spotlight by other big announcements?
Now a list as to why this isn't fake:
* It's a private meeting room on the E3 Showplan that Take-Two has reserved. It's the same room that has been used the past few years where other high release products have been shown behind closed doors such as an early beta of Grand Theft Auto: IV.
* Contacting the E3 organisation reveals that T2 has indeed reserved booth(s): 2823 (public lot), PMR308A (meeting room).
* Publishers are usually the group that reserve these booths and NOT Rockstar Games.
* The PDF has been removed from Google Docs, indicating that Rockstar Games may have ordered a take-down.